Plan Your Visit
Your Snowdon adventure starts here
Snowdon Mountain Railway Reopening Update
In light of the Welsh government’s lifting of restrictions, Snowdon Mountain Railway is pleased to announce its reopening on Friday 10th July 2020.
We are currently working on reopening our online advanced booking facility, which should be activated within the next few days.
As part of this process we will be managing our visitor numbers and reducing passenger numbers on each service whilst we are also making significant internal adjustments to our carriages. This will enable the safe segregation of compartments and passengers and provide a Covid secure environment.
We will of course have all our hygiene and comfort measures in place throughout the site, a plan of which you can find below.
• We will be monitoring and managing capacity and visitor numbers on all parts of our site, including our passenger carriages.
• Social distancing measures will be in place which may include one-way systems, queue controls and reduced capacity. Additional signage will be in place to assist visitors.
• We will be encouraging all visitors to use hand wash facilities and comply with government guidelines on personal hygiene.
• Our staff have and will be been given additional training and all are working with appropriate PPE where required. In addition we will have extra “Hygiene Teams” working throughout the day.
• We will be providing guest information boards throughout the site helping all our visitors with the use of facilities.
• When you visit we ask our guests to remember to be kind, courteous and respectful to fellow visitors and staff during your visit.
Please continue to monitor our website and Facebook which will both give updates on the proposed opening of the railway and updates on booking and availability for this summer.
Thank you for your patience and support, we can’t wait to welcome you back in the near future.
Download the FREE Snowdon Mountain Railway App!
Follow your journey to the Summit using our interactive App. Enhance your visit with access to a wealth of essential information, interesting facts, photos and audio commentary. How to download:
- Login to WiFi and enable Bluetooth and location services on your phone.
- Search for ‘Snowdon Mountain Railway’ in the App Store or on Google Play, install on your iOS or Android phone or tablet (not available for Windows or Amazon). Smartphones require iOS 10.0 or later, compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Android requires 5.1 and up.
- Tap on ‘Interactive Journey’ then scan the QR code (on your booking confirmation email or here at the station) to unlock the tour to experience the Interactive Journey on arrival at the station.
- Bring your earphones for the App audio, or purchase some in the station shop.
A warm Welsh welcome awaits you at Snowdon Mountain Railway, in the picturesque village of Llanberis. Visitors have been coming here to experience this unique railway since 1896, soaking up the sights and sounds of billowing steam in the heart of Snowdonia. Today’s visitor can do the same and relax in our flower-lined forecourt, taking in the views of the surrounding mountains, before they begin their journey up through the clouds to Yr Wyddfa, Snowdon.
Our station gift shop is housed in the original Booking Hall from 1896. The original beams are exposed, and Victorian shop fittings were sourced to enhance the stations heritage. The shop has a selection of authentic Welsh products including locally crafted ales and spirits, unique Snowdon Mountain Railway souvenirs, clothing and Celtic jewellery.
Food & Drink
Our fully licensed Station Buffet and Platform Grill serve a tasty variety of hot and cold snacks from burgers, hotdogs and fries to deliciously made sandwiches. Hot and cold drinks and a selection of cakes from the local bakery are also available throughout the day, you can even enjoy a Whippy or soft scoop ice cream from our vintage ice cream tram.
How to Find Us
The Railway operates from Llanberis Station on the A4086. Approximate travelling times from:
|A55 Junction 2 Bangor||25 minutes|
There is a pay and display car park (operated by Parking Eye) at Snowdon Mountain Railway, which is located behind the station on Victoria Terrace (see postcode LL55 4TT). Parking can be limited during busy periods. The following parking tariffs apply:
|Up to 30 minutes – FREE (no ticket required)|
|2 additional hours – £2|
|4 additional hours – £4|
|8 additional hours – £6|
|24 additional hours – £10|
Parking tariffs apply 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Tariffs apply for Blue Badge holders.
There are two payment machines located in the car park which accept coins. Payment can also be made by phone. Motorists must enter their full, correct vehicle registration when using the payment machine.
You can purchase additional time (if required) at the payment machines or by phone before leaving the car park. Failure to comply with the terms and conditions will result in a Parking Charge of £100 levied by Parking Eye i.e. not Snowdon Mountain Railway.
The car park across the road from the station is not owned or operated by Snowdon Mountain Railway.