Plan Your Visit
Your Snowdon adventure starts here
2021 COVID-19 Update
The railway is planning to re-open on Saturday 27th March 2021 with our Traditional Diesel Service running to Clogwyn daily until the end of October and our Heritage Steam Experience from the 1st of May 2021 until the end of September, subject to Government restrictions and weather conditions.
We are managing our visitor numbers and reducing passenger numbers on each service whilst we have also made significant internal adjustments to our carriages. This enables the safe segregation of compartments and passengers and provides a Covid secure environment.
Face coverings are mandatory (unless exempt) in all indoor areas including the ticket office, toilets, station café and on-board the trains for the duration of the journey.
Hygiene and comfort measures in place
• We are monitoring and managing capacity and visitor numbers on all parts of our site, including our passenger carriages.
• Social distancing measures are in place which include one-way systems, queue controls and reduced capacity. Additional signage is in place to assist visitors.
• We are encouraging all visitors to use hand wash facilities and comply with government guidelines on personal hygiene.
• Hand sanitising stations are location around the premises.
• Our staff have been given additional training and all are working with appropriate PPE where required. In addition we have extra “Hygiene Teams” working throughout the day.
• We have guest information boards throughout the site helping all our visitors with the use of facilities.
• We ask our guests to remember to be kind, courteous and respectful to fellow visitors and staff during their visit.
Thank you for your patience and support, we can’t wait to welcome you back.
Download the FREE Snowdon Mountain Railway App!
Follow your journey to the Summit using our interactive App. Enhance your visit with access to a wealth of essential information, interesting facts, photos and audio commentary. How to download:
- Login to WiFi and enable Bluetooth and location services on your phone.
- Search for ‘Snowdon Mountain Railway’ in the App Store or on Google Play, install on your iOS or Android phone or tablet (not available for Windows or Amazon). Smartphones require iOS 10.0 or later, compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Android requires 5.1 and up.
- Tap on ‘Interactive Journey’ then scan the QR code (on your booking confirmation email or here at the station) to unlock the tour to experience the Interactive Journey on arrival at the station.
- Bring your earphones for the App audio, or purchase some in the station shop.
A warm Welsh welcome awaits you at Snowdon Mountain Railway, in the picturesque village of Llanberis. Visitors have been coming here to experience this unique railway since 1896, soaking up the sights and sounds of billowing steam in the heart of Snowdonia. Today’s visitor can do the same and relax in our flower-lined forecourt, taking in the views of the surrounding mountains, before they begin their journey up through the clouds to Yr Wyddfa, Snowdon.
Our station gift shop is housed in the original Booking Hall from 1896. The original beams are exposed, and Victorian shop fittings were sourced to enhance the stations heritage. The shop has a selection of authentic Welsh products including locally crafted ales and spirits, unique Snowdon Mountain Railway souvenirs, clothing and Celtic jewellery.
Food & Drink
Our fully licensed Station Buffet and Platform Grill serve a tasty variety of hot and cold snacks from burgers, hot dogs and fries to delicious sandwiches. Hot and cold drinks and a selection of cakes from the local bakery are also available throughout the day, you can even enjoy a Whippy or soft scoop ice cream from our vintage ice cream tram.
How to Find Us
The Railway operates from Llanberis Station on the A4086. Approximate travelling times from:
|A55 Junction 2 Bangor||25 minutes|
There is a pay and display car park at Snowdon Mountain Railway, which is located behind the station on Victoria Terrace (see postcode LL55 4TT). Parking can be limited during busy periods. The following parking tariffs apply:
|Up to 30 minutes – FREE (no ticket required)|
|4 additional hours – £4|
|8 additional hours – £8|
|12 additional hours – £12|
Parking tariffs apply 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Tariffs apply for Blue Badge holders.
There are two payment machines located in the car park which accept coins.
You can purchase additional time (if required) at the payment machines or by phone before leaving the car park. Failure to comply with the terms and conditions will result in a Parking Charge of £100.
If trains are cancelled at short notice we do not offer refunds on parking.
The car park across the road from the station is not owned or operated by Snowdon Mountain Railway.