Book in advance
2020 Service Update
Due to the new Welsh Government legislation you will be required to wear a mask when travelling in a compartment with other passengers, when entering the ticket office and when visiting the shop.
Information on services available
After careful consideration we have decided not to open the summit building ‘Hafod Eryri’ for the 2020 season. This decision is based on the difficult practicalities of trying to implement safe social distancing measures within the building.
We have also made the decision not to operate our Heritage Steam Service for 2020 and we will instead focus on our Traditional Diesel Service throughout the season. We have made significant internal adjustments to our carriages which enables safe segregation between compartments and reduced passenger numbers.
The destination for the remaining 2020 season will be Clogwyn Station, which is ¾ distance to the summit of Snowdon. The journey time to Clogwyn is approximately 45 minutes and passengers have a 30-minute stop-over at this unsheltered station. Please be aware that there are no facilities at Clogwyn, or on-board the trains.
The service represents approximately a 2-hour experience overall.
Hygiene and comfort measures in place
• We are monitoring and managing capacity and visitor numbers on all parts of our site, including our passenger carriages.
• Social distancing measures are in place which include one-way systems, queue controls and reduced capacity. Additional signage is in place to assist visitors.
• We are encouraging all visitors to use hand wash facilities and comply with government guidelines on personal hygiene.
• Our staff have been given additional training and all are working with appropriate PPE where required. In addition we have extra “Hygiene Teams” working throughout the day.
• We have guest information boards throughout the site helping all our visitors with the use of facilities.
• We ask our guests to remember to be kind, courteous and respectful to fellow visitors and staff during their visit.
Thank you for your patience and support, we can’t wait to welcome you back.