2020 Bookings Now Open!
In light of the Welsh government’s lifting of restrictions, Snowdon Mountain Railway is pleased to announce its reopening on Friday 10th July 2020.
Information on services available
After careful consideration we have decided not to open the summit building ‘Hafod Eryri’ for the 2020 season. This decision is based on the difficult practicalities of trying to implement safe social distancing measures within the building.
We have also made the decision not to operate our Heritage Steam Service for 2020 and we will instead focus on our Traditional Diesel Service throughout the season. We have made significant internal adjustments to our carriages which enables safe segregation between compartments and reduced passenger numbers.
The destination for the remaining 2020 season will be Clogwyn Station, which is ¾ distance to the summit of Snowdon. The journey time to Clogwyn is approximately 45 minutes and passengers have a 30-minute stop-over at this unsheltered station. Please be aware that there are no facilities at Clogwyn, or on-board the trains.
The service represents approximately a 2-hour experience overall.
Hygiene and comfort measures in place
We will of course have all our hygiene and comfort measures in place throughout the site, a plan of which you can find below.
• We will be monitoring and managing capacity and visitor numbers on all parts of our site, including our passenger carriages.
• Social distancing measures will be in place which may include one-way systems, queue controls and reduced capacity. Additional signage will be in place to assist visitors.
• We will be encouraging all visitors to use hand wash facilities and comply with government guidelines on personal hygiene.
• Our staff have and will be been given additional training and all are working with appropriate PPE where required. In addition we will have extra “Hygiene Teams” working throughout the day.
• We will be providing guest information boards throughout the site helping all our visitors with the use of facilities.
• When you visit we ask our guests to remember to be kind, courteous and respectful to fellow visitors and staff during your visit.
Please continue to monitor our website and Facebook which will both give updates on the proposed opening of the railway and updates on booking and availability for this summer.
Thank you for your patience and support, we can’t wait to welcome you back.