Please be aware that all trains are now fully booked until Friday 14th August.
2020 Service Update
In light of the Welsh government’s lifting of restrictions we are pleased to announce we are now open.
Due to new Welsh Government legislation you will be required to wear a mask if you are travelling with a party of 3 or less. Parties of 4 or more will travel in their own compartment and masks will not be mandatory.
Information on services available
After careful consideration we have decided not to open the summit building ‘Hafod Eryri’ for the 2020 season. This decision is based on the difficult practicalities of trying to implement safe social distancing measures within the building.
We have also made the decision not to operate our Heritage Steam Service for 2020 and we will instead focus on our Traditional Diesel Service throughout the season. We have made significant internal adjustments to our carriages which enables safe segregation between compartments and reduced passenger numbers.
The destination for the remaining 2020 season will be Clogwyn Station, which is ¾ distance to the summit of Snowdon. The journey time to Clogwyn is approximately 45 minutes and passengers have a 30-minute stop-over at this unsheltered station. Please be aware that there are no facilities at Clogwyn, or on-board the trains.
The service represents approximately a 2-hour experience overall.
Hygiene and comfort measures in place
• We are monitoring and managing capacity and visitor numbers on all parts of our site, including our passenger carriages.
• Social distancing measures are in place which include one-way systems, queue controls and reduced capacity. Additional signage is in place to assist visitors.
• We are encouraging all visitors to use hand wash facilities and comply with government guidelines on personal hygiene.
• Our staff have been given additional training and all are working with appropriate PPE where required. In addition we have extra “Hygiene Teams” working throughout the day.
• We have guest information boards throughout the site helping all our visitors with the use of facilities.
• We ask our guests to remember to be kind, courteous and respectful to fellow visitors and staff during their visit.
Thank you for your patience and support, we can’t wait to welcome you back.