Railway Infrastructure Manager Position
Snowdon Mountain Railway (SMR) consists of a diverse range of railway assets from the rack & pinion, signalling, lineside buildings through to viaducts, cuttings and passing loops at three stations, Halfway, Clogwyn and the Summit along its 8km length. SMR are privately owned under Heritage Great Britain (HGB) who own and operate a variety of heritage sites within the UK.
SMR value their people, fulfilling their commitments through a highly performing professional team of appointed engineers and managers, who consistently deliver safe and reliable transportation for their passengers. Together we work every day to achieve excellence.
We’re looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow.
We’re looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, at 2.1 or above in an ICE accredited course
- Modules in rail or transport would be advantageous
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Office, particularly excel and demonstrate an ability to learn new software within a working environment that utilises 3D design
- Enthusiasm for a career in Rail, underpinned by a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Have an analytical thought process
- Seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive in team building
- Membership of a relevant engineering professional institution
- Broad and extensive railway engineering experience, particularly related to renewals and enhancements
- A sound knowledge of technical, safety and performance standards relating to track
- Experience in design, installation and maintenance
- Formal qualifications in risk identification and assessment
- Customer care experience as a duty manager
- Preparation of detail and design drawings
- To work both independently and as part of a team
- The post holder is also required to liaise with company personnel with regard to railway engineering specifications, drawing queries, design briefs, project engineering matters etc.
- Interpretation of structural civil and/or mechanical designs into working solutions
- Liaise with colleagues to determine engineering solutions to problems
- Liaise with clients, their representatives, consultants, suppliers and sub-contractors in respect of the production of engineering drawings, specifications, work instructions and problem solving
- To be a single point of contact for all projects under his/her control from start date to final completion
- The control and monitoring of the planned works to maximise the effectiveness and the efficiency of the projects
- Participation in the planning and programming of resources to meet the requirements of the allocated projects
- Monitor the progress of the works and ensure that the following, but necessary all, are achieved, the development, design, construction, and financial targets are met
- Ensuring all activities are done in accordance with all relevant Company procedures, Health & Safety legislation & all other generic industry technical safety standards
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and the closing date is 5th April 2021.